These felt mini pets are the newest addition to our felt animal friends. Similar to our mini felt bears, this dog, cat, and rabbit are super adorable and simple to make. Our patterns below will show you how to make your very own felt pals. All you have to do is gather your tools and materials and follow along.
These felt mini pets are a great beginner project, and you can always refer to our embroidery guide if you need more help. Also if you are ready to take on a slightly more intermediate felt project, then take a look at our felt treetop pocket pals! Similar to our felt mini pets, they are miniature in size and super adorable.
As with all of our felt animal stuffies, we recommend cutting our pattern by hand with scissors. However, we have included an SVG file for this project if you want to use your Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors and Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Rose Quartz, Juniper, Camel, Terracotta, Mustard, Night, White, Marble, Black and Slate
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Very Light Shell (224), Light Terra Cotta (3778), Very Dark Gray Green (924), Light Hazelnut Brown (422), White, Light Steel Grey (318), and “Black”
How to Make Felt Mini Pets
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut felt pieces according to the pattern using your scissors.
- Whip stitch on the muzzle for the dog and the spot for the bunny (see embroidery guide on pattern). Glue on the eyes and noses.
- Straight stitch on the nose for the bunny and all of the mouths just under the noses. Stitch on whiskers for the bunny and cat.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
Questions? Feedback? We want to hear from you! Reach out anytime. And show us what you’re crafting by using the #MadeWithLia hashtag — we just might feature your work on our social media channels! Your creativity is our greatest inspiration. Much love ~ Lia & team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.