Have you seen all of the different kinds of mistletoe we’ve made over the years? In addition to crafting mistletoe to hang for the holidays, we have also used it in various winter wreaths, as table decor, and as ornaments. This year, Krista has designed some felt mistletoe branches that would look beautiful in a simple vase on your mantel or table for the holiday season.
Just check out our supplies list below to see what you need. Then download our template and step-by-step tutorial at the bottom of the post!
From head to mistletoe
Our felt mistletoe branches are a beginner-friendly craft project that is easy to cut with or without a cutting machine. Once you’ve cut your pieces, our tutorial will show you how to assemble the branches using floral wire, glue, and floral tape. You will also see how we used tiny felt balls to create the berries that you will attach to your branches.
We can’t wait to see how you decorate your home with these felt mistletoe branches! Or, rather than the full branch, another fun idea is to make small sprigs to use as gift toppers or ornaments. Whatever you do with this DIY craft, share your photos with us on our crafters community page or on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Beginner
Other projects shown: Felt reindeer
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Eucalyptus
- Lia Griffith Felt Balls 1cm — Cotton
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green and 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Pine
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
- Karin Brushmarker Pro — Curry
How to Make Felt Mistletoe Branches
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Spray the leaves with a fabric stiffener and let dry.
- Make a hole through the middle of a wool ball using a long needle.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love these felt mistletoe branches? You might also like our felt holly branches. Both of these craft projects make such unique holiday decor! Or you can explore all of our Christmas crafts for more ideas.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.