For this month’s craft collection, our designer Krista is showing us how to make an adorable felt mouse stuffie. This is a good intermediate project — perfect for those of you who have made a couple of our felt animals before or are familiar with basic embroidery stitches. It’s also great for anyone wanting to learn how to make 3D felt animals.
While you can use your Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut your felt pieces, we recommend using your detail scissors for a more precise cut. You can find both the SVG file and printable template at the end of the post.
Have a mice day!
This felt mouse stuffie was inspired by some of Krista’s favorite childhood books about Poppy the deer mouse. And we think it’s pretty neat that the author got the idea for these books while living in Corvallis, OR, which is just an hour and a half from us in Portland! Since the project was inspired by the Poppy books, Krista also created a mini version of our felt California poppy for the mouse to hold.
When you are ready to make your felt mouse stuffie, gather the tools and materials listed here. Then follow the instructions below. One tip we have for mastering more complicated felt animals like this one is to work in small, even stitches. If you have any questions while crafting, just ask!
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Hazelnut, White, Dove, Mango, and Juniper
- Embroidery Floss — Light Brown (434), Snow White (B5200), Pearl Grey (415), Very Light Shell Pink (224), and Black (310)
- Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Safety Eyes — 5mm
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Pipe Cleaner
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make a Felt Mouse Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the mouse pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using scissors (recommended) or a Cricut Maker (optional).
- Sew the legs to the underside of the body using a whip stitch with two strands of matching floss, working on the wrong side and following the curve of the edges matched up.
- Repeat this step for all of the legs and arms of your felt mouse.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Love this felt mouse stuffie? Be sure to check out our other woodland animal projects. Or browse all of our felt animals for more ideas. If you need to keep kids entertained while crafting, give them some cute cat and mouse masks to cut out.
When you’re done crafting your stuffies, email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag them on social with #MadeWithLia. We always love seeing what you make! For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or browse our YouTube channel for crafting video tutorials.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.