Get Fancy with Felt
Make a little homemade magic with this beautiful felt rose hair pin and boutonniere! With just a few supplies and a set of simple step-by-step instructions, it’s time for you to get fancy with felt. Designer Jessica created this piece to work either as a hair pin or as a boutonniere — perfect for a wedding or another celebration, or even lovely for an everyday accent piece. This also makes for a wonderful gift. Nothing tops a hand-crafted accessory! We used a cherry-colored felt for our rosebud, but why not play around with other options and craft a colorful garden all of your own?
Tools & Materials
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- 24 Gauge White Floral Wire
- Hair Pin
- Green Floral Tape
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Cherry, Fern, Juniper
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt according to our pattern.
- Now glue the 3 smallest petals around the end of a length of floral wire.
- Overlap and glue the bottom tabs of the larger petals. Glue at the base of flower center, staggering placement.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
More to Explore
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for your very own Lia Griffith membership to take your crafting to the next level! Love this project? Share photos of your work with us using #LoveLia for a chance to be featured on our social media accounts! Happy crafting ~ Lia & TeamSave
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.