We’ve been on a mission to make more farm animals after a few member requests came in for them. In the last couple of months, we’ve added a felt cow and felt pig to our collection of DIY stuffies. And now Krista has designed this adorably fluffy felt sheep for you to make.
Just check out our supplies list below to see what you need for this project. Then download our template and tutorial below to start crafting!
Our felt sheep uses beginner needle-felting skills, which you can skip if you’d like and just make a sheared sheep instead. The fluffy woolen fleece is made by twisting long strips of felting wool and pinning the coils to the felt sheep, kind of like a tufted rug. Though this step is a bit time-consuming, it’s easier than it sounds — so this is a good project to dip into needle-felting!
Skill level: Intermediate
Stitches used: Blanket, whip, backstitch, and ladder stitch. Need more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
Other projects shown: Frosted paper button fern
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Felting Needle
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — White and Charcoal
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Snow White (B5200), Very Light Ash Grey (535), and Black (310)
- Black Safety Eyes — 5mm
- Ashford Corriedale Wool – Natural White (you will need 1 – 1 1/2 bundles)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
How to Make a Felt Sheep
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the felt sheep template below.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Match up the gray felt pieces to the body according to the PDF template and whip stitch in place using 1 strand of white floss.
- Repeat for the second side, mirrored from the first. Tip: print out another copy of the PDF template and lay the pieces on top to match them up.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this felt sheep? See all of the other felt animal stuffies you can make!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Very attractive sheep!
I love this one!