We have had quite a few requests for farm animals, lately! Last month Krista made these cute, little felt pigs to go along with our felt goat and felt horse. And now this month she has added an adorable felt cow to the collection of farm animals.
When you’re ready to start crafting, check out our supplies list in the right panel. Then download the template and tutorial.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Don’t Have a Cow (or Do!)
Due to all of the pieces and stitching involved, we would say this is a great intermediate felt craft. If you want something a bit more beginner-friendly, we’re here to steer you in the right direction! You can always start with our felt pig instead — or this felt owl for a true beginner project. For more step-by-step guidance, you can also check out our skills course: 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
When you’re done assembling your felt cow, be sure to share photos with us! We think this DIY project is such a fun felt toy for kids, or you could even use it as farm decor for your home.
Skill level: Intermediate
Stitches used: Blanket, whip, ladder, and detached chain stitch. Need more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting tip: If you wanted, you could also make a classic white felt cow with black spots by cutting out irregular spots and sewing them on with a whip stitch after assembly.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Cow
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the felt animal pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using 2 strands of brown embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs.
- Repeat for all of the legs, ensuring that they are all facing the right way.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this felt cow? Check out all of our felt animal stuffies to see what else you can make.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Terracotta, Oyster, Salmon, and Shady Grove
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Mahogany (301), Light Mocha Brown (3782), Black (310), Green Gray (3053), and Light Terracotta (3778)
- Black Safety Eyes — 6mm
- Chenille Stems
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Gold or Brass Bell — about 9mm
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member