We have been asked by members to create some hand-stitched farm animals. So we are starting off with a felt billy goat stuffie that Krista designed, complete with horns and a little embroidery floss beard.
Like our other 3D stuffies, you will need to have a basic knowledge of construction to make this felt billy goat. But of course we have a photo tutorial for you to follow along step by step!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Got Your Goat
This felt billy goat is a fun barnyard toy for kids and is perfect for creative play. Craft it for your own kids, or make it as a gift for your favorite little ones. As with all of our felt animal stuffies, we recommend using detail scissors for a more precise cut.
Since this felt billy goat has ears and horns to sew on, this is an intermediate project. So if you’re more of a beginner, we recommend trying this felt dog first. Whatever you make, be sure to share it with us on our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Intermediate.
Stitches used: Blanket stitch, whip stitch, and straight stitch. If you need more guidance on these stitches, check out our embroidery guide.
Crafting Tips: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Billy Goat Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine or scissors.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using 2 strands of the matching mocha embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat this step for all of the goat legs.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this DIY project? Browse all of our felt stuffies for more patterns and tutorials. Or see more felt crafts you can make here. We also think it would be cute to make these mini veggies out of crepe paper for your felt billy goat to “munch” on!
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Doe Brown, Almond, and Peat Moss
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Mocha Beige (3863), Light Brown(434), and Black (310)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Safety Eyes – 5mm
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Tacky Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member