In honor of our 10-year anniversary, Krista has designed two new felt crafts based on our office dogs. One is a corgi and the other is an Italian doxie. Unlike our other felt dog we have on the site for you, this pattern is a felt sitting dog. And we will be showing you how to make it live during our spring craft summit!
To prepare for our workshop, check out our supplies list on the right panel.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Sit back and relax
As we reflect on 10 years of creating craft projects for you, we can’t help but think of all the benefits that crafting can bring! Studies have shown that working with our hands in a repetitive nature can be very meditative, allowing us to unwind, alleviate stress, and reduce anxiety. So we invite you to sit back — just like this felt sitting dog stuffie — and relax as you craft this cute project.
Along with teaching you how to assemble this felt sitting dog, we will show you how to make the floral bandana pictured here. As always, you can vary the felt colors you choose for this project. Or you can use what we’ve linked below in our supplies list.
Skill level: Beginner
Stitches used: Straight stitch, whip stitch, backstitch, and French knot. Need more guidance with these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
Love this felt sitting dog? See all of the other felt animal stuffies you can make!
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
For the Corgi:
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Camel, White, Black, Sweet Pink, Eucalyptus, and Fern
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Tan (436), Snow White (B5200), Black (310), Light Shell Pink (223), Fern Green (522), and Very Light Avocado Green (471)
For the Italian Greyhound Dachshund Mix:
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — White, Black, Terracotta, Sweet Pink, Dewy, and Jade Ocean
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Snow White (B5200), Black (310), Light Shell Pink (223), Fern Green (522), and Very Light Avocado Green (471)
For both dogs:
- Black Safety Eyes — 6mm
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member