Last week we crafted our first-ever paper hyacinth. And today we have another first! It’s so much fun trying out a new flower. And this frosted paper cyclamen plant is a such a sweet little plant to look at.
We’re in love with its delicate, upturned petals and variegated leaves. These are two key characteristics of the cyclamen — and today we are going to show you how to recreate them using frosted paper and art markers.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
An Upside-Down DIY
The cyclamen is a unique plant to craft because its flowers are upside down. Also, each flower typically has four petals up and one petal down. You can see how our designer Meagan achieved this by following the tutorial at the end of this post.
Once you’ve crafted your frosted paper cyclamen plant, you can put yours in a tiny pot like we did. Its small stature makes it a great plant to keep indoors on a kitchen counter, a desk, a shelf…really anywhere! Don’t forget to share your version of our paper cyclamen plant with us and other crafters on our Facebook page for members. Or you can always use the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Frosted Paper Cyclamen Plant
- Gather the craft tools and materials above. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Print the leaf designs onto a piece of olive paper.
- Cut out the leaves using scissors. The flower bits can be cut using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Add more color to the center of the leaves with green art markers.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Poptone Jelly Bean Green, Basis Olive, and Curious Metallic Cryogen
- Art Markers — Blick Studio Markers in Sage (088), Olive (070), Beach (095), and Very Berry (004)
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Bark
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member