We love a pretty paper flower project for spring! This frosted paper dendrobium orchid in a sweet pink hue would be so fun to add to a bouquet or place in a pot that you can display year-round. Want to add a little variety to your arrangement? Find all our other orchids here
Get started by checking out our supplies list below! Then download the pattern and tutorial at the end of the post.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Due to more coloring and shaping than some of our other paper flowers, this frosted paper dendrobium orchid is considered an intermediate craft. This project begins with our citrus and conifer packs of frosted craft paper with subtleties of color achieved by applying PanPastel. The overall effect is breathtaking as delicate petals give way to a rich magenta at the tips, accented with deep green leaves and yellow-green buds tinged with pink at the top.
Ready to craft these gorgeous paper orchids for your home? Our tutorial will show you step by step how to color and assemble the blooms as well as the buds, then attach them to a wire stem. When you’re done with your flowers, don’t forget to share them with us by using #MadeWithLia on Instagram and Facebook — or posting a photo on our crafter’s community page.
Skill level: Intermediate
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Frosted Paper Dendrobium Orchid
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the zip file below.
- Cut out paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Add detail to both sides of petals using magenta PanPastel.
- Use the colored pencil to add strokes over the PanPastel. Then with an eraser, clean up any smudging to refine the shading.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Steel Ball Shaping Tool
- Blending Brushes
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack: Color 4 and Conifer Pack: Color 3
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Juniper
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Floral Tape — Green
- Karin Brushmarker Pro — Lime Green
- PanPastel® Artist Pastel — Bright Yellow Green 680.5 and Magenta 430.5
- Colored Pencil — Pomegranate
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member