You can never have too many paper flower leis, right? We have made a few different versions over the years, but these frosted paper ombre leis are my new favorite! By alternating three different colors from our frosted paper packs, I was able to create this beautiful ombre effect for both our purple and pink lei.
You can cut your flowers for these frosted paper ombre leis by hand using our PDF template. Or you can save some time if you have a cutting machine.
Don’t worry beach happy
Meagan and I were supposed to go to Hawaii this month for an event but our trip got canceled. So we thought, why not create our own tropical paradise? One of the reasons we love these frosted paper ombre leis is because the flowers will never wilt, so you can enjoy it forever and bring it out anytime you need a little tropical pick-me-up.
For more tropical fun, be sure to explore our entire craft collection this month. We have a new tropical plant, some cute sloth straw huggers, and comfy tropical pillows to help you create your own oasis. When you are ready to craft your paper flower leis, just follow the instructions below. Enjoy!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Frosted Craft Paper — Berry Pack, colors 2, 3,& 4 & Melon Pack, colors 1, 2 & 3
- Embroidery Floss
- Paper Straws
How to Make Frosted Paper Ombre Leis
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download our flower pattern below.
- Cut 12 of each flower in three different colors for a total of 36 flowers.
- Gently curl each paper flower petal to form a cup.
- Then, gently curl each tip in the opposite direction to form an “s” shape with each petal.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Want to start crafting with us? Become a member and get instant access to SVG cut files, printable patterns, and simple tutorials for all of our DIY projects.