Now that we have our own frosted paper packs, we have been eager to craft new versions of some of our favorite holiday flowers. Along with our new Christmas cactus that we shared last week, we also have some new frosted paper paperwhites for you to craft this season!
You will find all of the tools and materials below and the downloads at the end of the post. We have included a PDF template if you want to cut everything by hand and an SVG file if you’re using a cutting machine.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Grow your flower-making skills
For an extra challenge, we have added a crepe paper bulb to our frosted paper paperwhites. The bulb makes this plant an intermediate craft project. However, you can choose to not make the bulb and instead style your paperwhites in a pot like we did with our crepe paper paperwhites.
These elegant flowers are great to craft for the holidays and winter season. And considering they symbolize prosperity and renewal, they’re very fitting flowers to have in preparation of the new year .They’re also a lovely reminder that spring is coming!
When you are ready to craft your frosted paper paperwhites, just follow our tutorial below. Remember, the bulb is what makes this project an intermediate one — so if you want to keep it simple, just skip that part in the tutorial. Happy crafting! ~ Lia and team
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Frosted Paper Paperwhites with Crepe Paper Bulb
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our PDF template or SVG file below.
- Gather paper of your choice into bulb shape about 2″ across and 3″ tall; wrap with white floral tape to hold shape.
- Cut gold crepe paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Cup crepe paper gold side in; then with tan side facing out, glue pieces around bulb until covered — starting at the bottom using Mod Podge.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this DIY idea? See all of our frosted paper flowers.
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors or Detail Scissors (for the smaller pieces)
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper — Succulent Pack — Color #3 and Citrus Pack — Colors #3 and #4
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Vanilla and Metallic Gold
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape — Cream and Green
- Bulb Filling — Tissue Paper, Newspaper, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Foil (your choice)
- Mod Podge
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member