One of my personal favorite winter flowers is the forced bulb paperwhites, or what is also called Narcissus flowers. They are also the December birth flower, making them a great fit for our December Collection. Though we have made a few different versions, including this gorgeous crepe paper paperwhite plant and blooming paperwhite bulb, this frosted paper potted paperwhite is another step up and a great intermediate project.
When you are ready to craft this paper flower, check out our supplies list below.
Pot it Like it’s Hot!
For our newest version of the frosted paper potted paperwhite, Meagan shows in the step-by-step photo tutorial below the technique of using the steel balls tools for shaping your petals. This will give them a bit more life and make them look more realistic. Make sure to read her crafting tip below for extra guidance!
Once you have finished your stems of flowers and leaves, fill a container with half of a foam ball or a piece that is shaped for your dish. Then you can cover the foam up to the rim of the container with decorative rocks. I love to use wood bowls or boxes for a natural look for this winter flower display.
We’d love to see your version of our frosted paper potted paperwhite! In addition to displaying them in your home, the finished piece makes a great gift for the winter holiday and especially a birthday gift for any December birthday.
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tip: Use a smooth, soft surface when shaping petals using steel ball tools like an ironing board or a folded-up piece of smooth fabric like a hand towel or t-shirt.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Steel Ball Shaping Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack Colors 3 and 4, Succulent Pack Color 3
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Juniper
- Floral Tape — Green
- 6mm Spun Balls
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Art Glitter Glue
- Foam, Decorative Rocks, and Pot or Bowl
How to Make Frosted Paper Potted Paperwhites
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Shape the petals using the steel ball tools. Press into each petal gliding the ball along the edge of each petal and then in a circular motion in the center.
- Flip the petal over and press the smallest ball into the center of the petals.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.