The amaryllis has become synonymous with the holiday season, but really it is a flower to enjoy any time of the year. Meagan designed this gold crepe paper amaryllis for our January collection, and we think it would make really pretty winter decor. Or, since it is gold, you can display it on a mantel, shelf, or table year-round — just like you would with any other metallic home decor.
Due to the small pieces and various parts to assemble and attach to your flower, we would say this paper flower is an intermediate project. Just follow our tutorial below and let us know if you have any questions!
Everything is golden
Instead of using gold paper, Meagan decided to use gold spray paint to make this gold crepe paper amaryllis. And I really love how it turned out! Because we make so many paper flowers, we wanted to create something that has more of a sculptural look.
So, similar to our waxed amaryllis, this gold crepe paper amaryllis is more like a piece of art to display rather than a flower for a bouquet. However, it is much more lightweight! So we suggest placing it in a glass cloche (and securing it with hot glue). Another option is to display the amaryllis in a pot or bulb vase.
Crafting tip: Since you can use any color of crepe paper for this project, this is a good time to use up any scrap paper you might have on hand.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Any color
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper — Any color
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire (50 pack)
- 26-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Design Master Premium Metal Spray — 24K Pure Gold
- Cotton Spun Egg — 40mm
- Glass Cloche with Gold Base
How to Make a Gold Crepe Paper Amaryllis
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Spray the front and back side of a sheet of double-sided and a sheet of extra fine crepe paper with gold spray; allow to dry completely before handling.
- Once dry, cut out crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Cut 11 pieces of 24-gauge wire, 3 inches in length each.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.