Summer’s hitting its stride. What better way to celebrate than with a new backdrop for your living room, kitchen or summer soiree? Our paper peonies backdrop is incredible; not only is it made with high-quality Paper-Papers products, but they’re also JUMBO! Make an absolute statement this July with your very own peony flower backdrop.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
All you have to do is visit Paper-Papers website to download either the SVG or PDF files, then cut. Follow along with our photo tutorial below to learn how to assemble.
For this beautiful backdrop, we used Paper-Papers French POPTONE, Stardream metallic, and basic text weight paper. We are absolutely in love with these papers for our summer crafts! POPTONE offers the perfect thickness to remain firm yet malleable and is super fun and bright. Metallic is perfect for any summertime flower, with a shimmery finish and frosted texture. And we used basic paper to give the interior of the flower depth and contrast. To discover your own perfect paper, browse Paper-Papers’ wide selection here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Gather tools and materials. To make 1 large flower, you will need 16 8.5×11 for petals, 1 8.5×11 for center. For 1 medium flower, 14 8.5×11 for petals, 1 8.5×11 for center. For 1 small flower, 9 8.5×11 for petals, 1 8.5×11 for center. For leaves, 3 8.5×11 to make the two leaves.
- Cut paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the center piece in half.
- Roll the center piece and use hot glue to hold.
- Using the curling tool curl all of the petals.
- Glue three of the small petals to the base of the center in rotation.
- Continue gluing the remaining small petals around the flower in layers of three.
- Repeat step 7 with the medium sized petals.
- To finish the flower glue the six large petals evenly around the flower in layers of three.
- Use the curling tool to shape and curl leaves.
- Use hot glue to attach a wire to the back of the leaves.
Craft with Confidence!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LG community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team
- PDF Pattern or SVG Cut Files
- Text Weight Paper:
- 18-gauge Green Paper Covered Floral Wire
- Double-Sided Mounting Tape
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member