We are SO excited for our September Member Make challenge! You may have noticed it’s a little later than normal this month. Since we moved into a new office, we had to push it back a bit. But the good news is you can craft these jumbo crepe paper bomb peonies anytime. We are also doing an even BIGGER giveaway this time for those of you who join us live.
If you’re new here, these live craft workshops are a special perk we offer to members. So if you’re a member of our crafting community, you can join us live today at 11:00 a.m. PT with your exclusive link.
Also, if you didn’t catch it on our Instagram stories, we have a special guest this month! Our friend and paper flower artist Inga Ilze Peterson will be showing us how to make these jumbo bomb crepe paper peonies using her flower pattern and our crepe paper.
This Peony is the Bomb
It’s been a while since we’ve crafted a jumbo-sized flower! These jumbo crepe paper bomb peonies would be gorgeous as wedding decor or a pretty backdrop for a special event. Tell us how you’d use them by commenting below!
When you’re ready to get started, just download the flower template or flower SVG file at the end of this post. Then gather your tools and materials and follow along with our live video tutorial. You can also cut all of your pieces beforehand if you want to craft in real time with me, Meagan, and Inga!
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. And make sure to join our Facebook page for members!
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for these jumbo crepe paper bomb peonies —listed below. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Tune in today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft along with us! You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the Facebook page for members and in your inbox. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our flower video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of these jumbo crepe paper bomb peonies. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; color your petals with PanPastel; or play around with how you arrange and style your bomb peony.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community! You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. And make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so it’s easy to find.
- Share your jumbo crepe paper bomb peonies (or peony!) with us! Make sure to post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- 6″ Cardboard Cake Round
- 18-Gauge White Wire (optional)
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — English Garden: 2 rolls of colors of your choice (can be the same color or 2 different) & Botanical Garden: 1 roll of green (we used Juniper)
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: 2 rolls of colors of your choice (can be the same color or 2 different)
To download this paper flower pattern and get instant access to thousands of DIY projects plus a private Facebook group full of all levels of crafters, join our crafting community!