Daisies are one of the happiest blooms in nature and we love surrounding ourselves with anything that can spread some extra cheer. They begin blooming in early spring and they stick around all the way through fall.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We designed these mini paper daisies specifically for Papercraft Inspirations Magazine, and now we are sharing the template here with you all! Gerbera daisies are one of our easier paper flower projects, so this is a great DIY for any paper florist beginners.
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print the flower template below to cut out your flower pieces.
- Use the edge of your scissors to crease the middle of each petal of the 3 large rounds, creating vein lines.
- Curl the petals on the 8 smaller rounds.
- Glue the 3 large rounds together at their centers, staggering the petals.
- Glue the 8 smaller layers together, staggering the petals in the same way. Add the center disk.
- Bundle 6 pieces of floral wire and wrap them with floral tape, leaving 1 inch of wire uncovered.
- Bend the 6 tips into a spray shape.
- Trim the tips down to about a quarter inch.
- Glue the green disk around the back of the wires.
- Attach the bloom to the floral wires.
Find our photo tutorial for this flower here!
Download the SVG version of the template to use with a cutting machine, or print the PDF if you are cutting by hand. These flowers bloom in tons of different colors in nature, so feel free to play around with color palettes! We found all of our papers at Paper-Papers.com. Once you finish crafting your blooms, you can gather them together in a bouquet, or you can create cute displays like we did with our tubes. To bring in some added texture, we love pairing paper flowers with real leaves that you can cut right from your backyard. For a larger version of these paper daisies, find our original template here!
Browse all of our text weight paper flowers for similar projects, or start venturing into the world of crepe paper flowers with our DIY tutorials! We would love to admire your project photos, so please share them with us by tagging #DIYDreamingWithLia on your Instagram posts. Are there certain flowers that you’re dying to craft? Give us your requests in the comments! Head over to our membership page to join our crafting community, or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for the latest and greatest. Enjoy! ~ Lia & Team
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Low Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Text Weight Metallic Papers
- 20 Gauge Floral Wire (6 for each bloom)
- Floral Tape
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member