Featuring a mix of metallic golds and rustic browns, our paper acorn oak leaf garland makes perfect decor for both fall and winter. You can drape it across your mantel, use it as table decor for a holiday dinner, or wrap it around your Christmas tree.
To speed up the crafting process, we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file for all of the leaves. But you can also use our printable template to cut by hand.
More than Oak-Kay
We love switching out our home decor every season, but it can get kind of pricey! Making your own decor will save you money, plus you can make it look exactly how you want it and in the right size for your home. This paper acorn oak leaf garland is a great example of that since you can easily adjust how long it is and switch up the paper colors.
If you want to give your garland more of a festive feel, dress it up with some twinkly fairy lights, flameless pillar candles, and ornaments. For an extra handmade touch, check out our DIY ornaments. Or you could add some felt woodland animals in between the leaves, like these felt deer or felt chipmunks.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: You can make this paper acorn oak leaf garland as long or as short as you’d like — just add more leaves and acorns!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors or Detail Scissors
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Metallic Gold
- Lia Griffith’s Favorite Frosted Gold Paper Pack – Antique Gold and Gold Leaf
- Cardstock in Kraft & Natural – Kraft Brown Bag 65c
- Lia Griffith Cardstock – (New paper coming soon!)
- 20mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Bind Wire – Brown
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
How to Make a Paper Acorn Oak Leaf Garland
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download our pattern below.
- Cut out paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold leaves along score line, then use a curling tool to shape leaves.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of brown bind wire, then fold it in half and twist together.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.