Making paper flowers means that you can create designs for exotic blooms that you may not be able to see in your everyday life. We absolutely love our botanicals, and this paper philodendron flower is a perfect combination of floral beauty and lush greenery. Split leaf philodendron plants grow in the rainforests of Central America, but with our template and tutorial you can craft some up for your home anywhere in the world. Because this flower is essentially one large petal, it can be a great introductory paper flower project for beginners.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Metallic Paper – Rose Quartz, Lime Satin (discontinued; use Fairway)
- Foam Cone
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Art Markers—Begonia Pink, Red Violet, Celadon Green, Colorless Blender
- Scotch Tape
- Green Floral Tape
- Permanent Spray Mount
- Smooth Finish
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut your paper pieces according to the template at the bottom of the post. Use the PDF if you are cutting by hand or the SVG if you are using a cutting machine.
- Color the outer edge of the green petal with the green marker and blend it in toward the center.
- Add color detailing with art markers to the inside of the pink petal. Use the darker pink at the base and the lighter pink at the top of the petal.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
With this project, you have the opportunity to practice lots of different crafting techniques. Working with foam, adding marker detailing to metallic paper and wrapping floral tape. When you are finished crafting the flower, you can add in the leaves it grows with in nature – our split leaf philodendron. For a tropical twist, you can also use some of the designs from our DIY tropical wreath. We cut these leaves onto green cardstock, but you can also use text weight paper.
If you are feeling inspired to make more paper flowers, check out all of our metallic paper flower tutorials. For another exotic bloom to display with your paper philodendron flower, don’t miss our paper king protea bloom. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to stay updated on our latest projects, and tag us in your project photos so that we can admire your work! You may be featured on our social channels for #MadeWithLia. To start empowering your creative side with DIY tutorials and inspiration, take a look at our membership options. See you soon! ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.