A DIY Wreath to Welcome Spring
Plum blossoms grow all across East Asia, and they are seen as a symbol of the changing seasons. They start blooming in late winter and have long been significant part of East Asian art and culture. As our homage to these gorgeous blooms, our first wreath for the approaching season is a plum blossom wreath. The soft pink petals are perfectly paired with our rich green Cypress colored leaves to make a stunning piece of home decor that will last for years to come!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Extra Crepe Paper – Blush, Chiffon, Juniper
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Floral Tape – Bark
- Magenta Art Marker – Copic Red Violet
- Grapevine Wreath
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut 2-inch strips of blush crepe paper and lightly brush marker on one edge about 1/3 of the way up. Print the PDF template below and cut the petals with the colored edge at the base of the petals.
- Gently stretch the centers and twist the bottoms of the petals.
- Cut Chiffon crepe according to the template (the rectangular piece) and twist the fringed sections to form stamens.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Before starting a crepe paper project, we always like to recommend that beginners check out our Crepe Paper 101 video, where you can learn our favorite tips and tricks for cutting petals and stretching the paper. Wreath projects are fabulous because they give you lots of freedom to create your own arrangements. To recreate this plum blossom wreath, place the branches so that they radiate out in the same direction with the majority of blooms on the outer edge of the wreath. This will give it that beautiful abundant look that celebrates the spring season. You are welcome to play around with different sizes of wreaths too – you should be able to find a nice selection of grapevine forms at your local craft store.
Spring Into New DIY Projects!
If you are looking for more spring home decor inspiration, find our post on how you can design your own spring wreath, or make yourself a pretty spring serving tray that you can also use for a coffee table display. We will be adding new projects every day, so head over to the membership page to start downloading. We love getting you in on the creative process, so please add your project requests and suggestions in the comments below. Do you love making crepe flowers? Let us know what flowers you’d like to see next and we will do our best to bring them to life. Lots of Love! ~ Lia & Team