If you are new to making paper flowers, this a great project for beginners as the shapes are very simple to cut by hand and assemble. Just check out our supplies list below, then download our template and step-by-step tutorial.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
You’re a star
To give our paper starflowers a bit more shine, we chose to craft them using frosted text weight paper. This type of paper has a slight sheen to it, which will give your paper flowers some beautiful depth and dimension. And by using text weight instead of cardstock, they will be easier to shape.
Along with the frosted paper, we added just a bit of gold crepe paper for the small stamen piece. You will also see in the tutorial how we drew on veins with a marker and curled our petals out. For the final touch, we added a bunch of paper leaves that stick straight up and then curled the rest out so they spill over the vase.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Paper Starflowers
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Draw along the score lines using a blue marker.
- Fold the stamen in half along the core line, then use white glue to attach and wrap it round the tip of an 18-gauge wire.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Metallic Gold
- Floral Tape — Green
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Berry Pack Color 1, Citrus Pack Color 3, and Succulent Pack Color 3
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Karin Brushmarker Pro — Egyptian Blue (305)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member