Add a tropical touch to your home with this papercut botanical poster. We know that sometimes DIY projects can be a jungle so we’ve weeded through the crafting confusion for you. Simply gather the tools and materials listed below and follow our easy breezy steps to be well on your way to creative paradise!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Low Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Dot Roller Adhesive
- Scissors or Cricut Scraper Tool
- Cutting Machine
- X-Acto Blade
- For the leaves – 12×12 linen/canvas Cardstock in various greens
- For the orchids and paper “tape”- Text Weight Paper [Sage, Pure White]
- For the poster – Canford “Navy Blue”
- Binder clips or bulldog clips
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out the leaves and orchid flowers using a cutting machine, or cut by hand using the the PDF template and an X-Acto blade. Cut leaves onto multiple shades of green cardstock for variety.
- Fold the leaves along score lines. Curl your leaves with the edge of your scissors or a Cricut Scraper Tool to add movement and dimension.
- Assemble together 3 orchids note: see tutorial here
- Cut the large paper down to 14×20.
- Arrange the leaves and flower how you want on the poster. Glue them down along their centers/spines. Glue the paper “tape” down on some of the stems.
- Clip on some pretty binder or bulldog clips to hang.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy Spring! ~ Lia & Team