Over the Christmas season, we created some new versions of our favorite holiday plants, including this pink felt poinsettia and this crepe paper Christmas cactus. While these plants are typically brought out during Thanksgiving and Christmas, we thought it would be fun to show you how you could craft one for a different holiday. Since the Christmas cactus (or Thanksgiving cactus) is also known as the holiday cactus, we decided to recreate it for the next upcoming holiday…Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re partnered up or flying solo, this pink felt holiday cactus is a sweet and simple DIY project you can give as a gift or keep for yourself.
Let Love Bloom
The holiday cactus is known for blooming just once a year. But craft one yourself and it will bloom year-round! If you do make this pink felt holiday cactus for a loved one, you can always add a note that this plant will last forever—just like your love for them! Sweet, right?
At the end of this post, you’ll find the pattern you need to create your own felt holiday cactus. We recommend using a cutting machine for this project, but we’ve also included a PDF template if you’re cutting by hand. Once you have everything ready to go, just follow the tutorial below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Pliers/Wire Cutters
- PanPastel Sofft Sponge (from our designer set)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Blush, Juniper, and White
- PanPastel — Pearlescent Pink (from our designer set)
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire — 18-Gauge
- Clear Fixative Spray
- Small Plant Pot and Foam (to fit)
- Decorative Stones
How to Make a Felt Holiday Cactus
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut out your felt pieces according to the pattern, using your Cricut Maker or scissors.
- To make a cactus flower: Apply pink PanPastel to the edges of the petals on both sides.
- Glue the stamen around the end of your 18-gauge floral wire.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Browse more felt flowers and explore all felt projects here. For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. And browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials on how to make flowers, home décor, jewelry, and more!
To download our DIY templates, SVG files, and tutorials, become a member.