We’re having some fun with poinsettias (and felt) again! While we’ve made some traditional red poinsettias for Christmas this year, we’ve also made this white paper poinsettia wreath and some pink crepe paper poinsettias. We’re back at it today with the pink poinsettias but this time we’re using felt. Our designer Krista—the maker of all things cute—crafted these pink felt poinsettia plants and potted them using foam and decorative moss. If you want to make your own version this holiday season, just follow our tutorial below!
Potted Pink Poinsettias
To create our pink felt poinsettia plants, we used a soft pink felt from our shop and then chose a green color for the leaves underneath. We also used pink PanPastel to add some depth to our poinsettias and make them look more realistic. All it takes is a bit of blending to achieve this. You can look at our photo tutorial to get a better idea of how to color your felt flowers—or watch this video tutorial for some tips on using PanPastel pigments.
If you like working with felt and want some more DIY ideas, take a look at all our felt projects. We have some new felt holiday décor on the site, too. You might enjoy our felt bird ornaments (more pink!) as well as our felt letters, which you can craft into your favorite holiday words.
Of course, if you make any of our felt projects or poinsettia plants for the holidays, we’d love to see them. Make sure to share your DIY creations with us on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia. Happy holiday crafting! ~ Lia and team.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pliers/Wire Cutters
- PanPastel Sofft Sponge (from our designer set)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Blush and Juniper
- PanPastel — Pearlescent Pink (from our designer set)
- Green Cloth-Covered Floral Wire — 18-Gauge
- Clear Fixative Spray
- Small Plant Pot and Foam (to fit)
- Decorative Moss
How to Make Pink Felt Poinsettia Plants
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the poinsettia pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut out your felt pieces according to the pattern notes on your PDF template or SVG file.
- Apply pink PanPastel to the petals, blending outward from the middle on the medium and large petals. Color the smallest petals completely.
- Glue and pinch together the base of the medium and small petals.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more DIY inspiration, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials on making paper flowers, home décor, jewelry, and more. And download tons of DIY patterns and SVG files by becoming a member of our crafting community.