In my post last week, I said I would show you how to make a white crepe paper poinsettia wreath. So here it is, as promised! While red poinsettia plants are always a popular choice for Christmastime, I think white poinsettias are just as classic. Today I’m showing you how to make these gorgeous white poinsettias out of crepe paper and attach them to a twig wreath.
This rustic holiday wreath would look beautiful on your front door now throughout winter. You could also place it above your mantel or hang it on a wall.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
I’m Dreaming of a White Poinsettia
This wreath features creamy white poinsettias, tinged with light pink and a light, bright green. You can achieve this color combo with my extra-fine crepe paper in linen and two colors from my PanPastel set. If you haven’t used PanPastel pigments to color your flowers before, you may want to watch this video for guidance.
Along with my white crepe paper, I chose two different greens for the leaves underneath. I used the same green PanPastel here as well to color my leaves. The photo tutorial at the end of this post will give you a better idea of what this looks like.
The photo tutorial will also show you step-by-step how to create your own white crepe paper poinsettia wreath. Or you can watch this video tutorial to see how I put it together. The video will give you some other ideas, too, for how to decorate with poinsettias for the holidays.
To simplify this DIY idea a bit, you could always skip coloring your poinsettias. Whatever you decide to do, I’d love to see your version! If you craft this white crepe paper poinsettia wreath, make sure to share to post it on your Instagram and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team
How to Make Extra-Fine White Crepe Paper Poinsettias
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the poinsettia pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut crepe paper petals, leaves, and stamen according to pattern notes.
- With tacky glue, place your white floral wire on edge of petal half; then place second half over the wire.
- Fold six stamen pieces in half against grain and fringe along fold as noted on the pattern.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Explore More Holiday Projects
For daily DIY inspiration, follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Or browse our YouTube channel for more video tutorials on making paper flowers and paper plants. To download our DIY templates, SVG files, and photo tutorials, become a member of our crafting community!
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Secret Garden: Cypress, Fern, and Linen
- PanPastel Lia Griffith Designer Set — Bright Yellow Green and Magenta Tint
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- 24-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire
- Twig Wreath (similar option: 10″ Grapevine Wreath)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member