We’re ready to put away our winter decor and liven up our space a bit with a splash of color. Especially during a season where it’s pretty rainy and grey out here in Portland! To help you welcome the start of springtime, Krista has designed this super cute spring daisy banner made out of felt and iron-on vinyl.
While the felt pieces are simple to cut by hand, we recommend using a cutting machine for the iron-on vinyl petal pieces and wording.
Spring up your home
Made in bright retro colors for spring, this DIY banner is a simple way to decorate your home for a new season. To balance out the vibrant colors, Krista added some softer pinks and blues. And since periwinkle is the color of the year, we’ve been having fun mixing it into spring projects like this one.
As always, feel free to choose whatever colors of felt and heat transfer vinyl you prefer. We’d love to see your version of this DIY craft, so be sure to share photos on our Facebook page for members or by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Embroidery stitches used: Backstitch and appliqué whip stitch. For more guidance on these stitches, check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting tip: For a no-sew project, just use quick dry tacky glue.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needles
- Straight Pins
- Iron, Ironing Board, and Press Cloth
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Hydrangea, Periwinkle, Bluebell, Tangerine, Blush, Lime, and Buttercup
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Dark Blueberry (32), Medium Light Blue Violet (156), Very Light Cornflower Blue (157), Medium Tangerine (741), Ultra Light Dusty Rose (963), Light Parrot Green (907), and Very Light Topaz (727)
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- 3/8″ Wooden Dowel — cut to 14″
- Iron-On Vinyl — Siser Easyweed Tennessee Orange and White
- Clear Tape
How to Make a Spring Daisy Banner
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Print, cut out, and tape together the template for the banner. Trace and then cut out the banner following the instructions on the template.
- Fold the top edge down 1″ and pin in place. From the front side, draw a straight line to use as a sewing guide using a disappearing ink pen, about 7/8″ from the top fold. Sew a backstitch using 2 strands of matching floss, making a tube at the top of the banner for the dowel to slide in later.
- Cut out felt pieces according to template using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
If you’re looking for more decor to complement your spring daisy banner, we styled ours with some mini woven bowls we made and our felt English ivy plant. You can also browse all of our felt and fiber crafts for more ideas.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.