We have made many versions of a poinsettia in the last 8 years, and the pink and white versions have always been my favorite. For this month’s Member Make workshop, we are taking things a step further and adding texture and color detail to create these watercolor crepe paper poinsettias.
To get ready for the workshop, check out our tools and materials list below. Then join our YouTube Live on November 19th at 11:00 am PT , or you can watch the video recording later.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Eat, pink, and be merry
These watercolor crepe paper poinsettias make such pretty holiday decor. If you’d like, you can also use them as gift toppers or give them away as gifts.
Although this flower is a step up from our previous poinsettias, it’s a great project for a beginner paper flower crafter. And it’s also fun for those of you who are advanced as we play with the effects of water on the crepe paper.
If you haven’t joined one of our live workshops before, make sure to read the steps below. Otherwise you can skip on down to the tools and materials list.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on November 19th at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make these watercolor crepe paper poinsettias. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use different materials or try different techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members.
- Lastly, share your final version of your watercolor crepe paper poinsettias! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun or Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Linen, Chiffon, Fern, and Cypress
- 6mm Spun Balls
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape — Fern (light green)
Additional Materials Needed
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member