We’re utterly enchanted by these cute-as-can-be handcrafted characters! Just a few of these whimsical felt gnomes will inspire so much magic… Craft along with our recent whimsical felt trees for a whole winter woodland spread. Gather the tools and materials listed below and craft along with our step-by-step photo tutorial for crafting made simpler. Feel free to play around with different colors of felt, paint, and embroidery floss to give your gnomes a more personalized feel.
This content uses links form which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Two Peg Dolls
- Benzie Felt in Red, White, Fern, Ochre and Cinnamon
- Embroidery Floss in Green (3346) and Cream (746)
- Paint in Light Blue, Blue, Red and White
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Trim the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Sew up the sides of the felt hats.
- Then sew the details to the apron felt piece.
- Cut nine five-inch strings of cream embroidery floss.
- Knot one end of the floss. Braid it, then knot the other end.
- Paint the bodies of your peg dolls blue and light blue.
- Glue your braid on top of light blue body’s head, then glue on the green hat.
- Next, glue the apron onto the body.
- Attach the beard and the red hat onto the head of the blue body.
- Also glue the belt and buckle into place around the belly area.
- Use the end of a paint brush to make dot eyes and mouths.
Strut Your Stuff!
Show us what you’re crafting! Use #MadeWithLia and share photos of all of your latest work — you never fails to inspire us!