We are going all out with our gingerbread Christmas theme this year! So far we have designed some cute gingerbread gift wrap and candy huggers. And now today we are sharing the tutorial for how to make a felt gingerbread house.
Making a gingerbread house is always a fun Christmas tradition. But it’s always a little sad when it’s time to take it apart and throw it out. This felt gingerbread house is much more sustainable — once you craft it, you can enjoy it for years to come!
Loafin’ Around the Christmas Tree
In the past, we have created paper star toppers for our trees. But this year, we decided to switch things up and get a little more creative. Our designer Meagan came up with this felt gingerbread house that you can recreate with our pattern and embroidery guide. Just cut out the pattern with your scissors or Cricut Maker, and then follow our tutorial below. Follow the instructions here to make your own Gingerbread stuffies!
You can use the same colors of felt as we did. Or explore our selection of felt to find the colors you like best. If you’re crafting this felt gingerbread house with your kids, you can also have them pick out their favorite colors for this craft project.
Once you’re finished with your felt gingerbread house, share it with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging #MadeWithLia. You can use your house as a Christmas tree topper. Or set up a holiday scene with a faux snow blanket, mini felt trees, and a felt garland.
We will be revealing our kid’s tree next week, so stay tuned for one more gingerbread craft idea! ~ Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Detail Knife
- Embroidery Needles
- Cricut EasyPress or Iron
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Cream, Doe Brown, Evergreen, Eucalyptus, Spruce, Merlot, Ruby, Cherry, and Waterlily
- Embroidery Floss — Off White (746), Very Dark Garnet (902), Bright Christmas (666), and Medium Mocha Beige (3863)
- Pellon 71F Peltex One-Sided Fusible Ultra Firm Stabilizer
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
H0w to Make a Felt Gingerbread House
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out felt according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Sew tree light details using a backstitch (refer to embroidery guide for instruction).
- Sew light bulbs using a french knot between each stitch (refer to embroidery guide).
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.