Today we are kicking off our full line-up of winter holiday projects with these fun winter paper lanterns. Our Halloween lanterns were such hit that we knew we would be sharing a winter version with you as well. I love how these pretty woodland paper lanterns look on my mantel and will often light them in the early evening to enjoy through dinner.
Warm Up With Winter Paper Lanterns
We made these lanterns with our favorite crafting tool, the Cricut Explore. If you have a personal cutting machine, you can download the SVG files below or if you would like to cut these with a craft knife you can download the printable template below.
These lanterns were made with a metallic white paper from paper-papers.com and we inserted sheer windows to let the light through using frosted vellum paper from Michaels.
- Text Weight Frosted Paper – Stardream Metallic Crystal
- Vellum Paper – Glama Natural Clear
- LED Tea Lights
- Ribbon or Twine
- Become a member to download the pattern below.
- Print and cut, then score and fold the sides to form the lantern shape.
- Secure together with glue dots, double sided tape or hot glue.
- Add a loop of ribbon to the top as you glue the four points together for a gorgeous finished look.
Keep them forever!
These paper lanterns can be safely lit with a flameless tea light candle. These are available at most craft stores. Even though these are made from paper, you can flatten them down and store them safely in a flat envelope with a card back. I’m sure you’ll end up using these winter paper lanterns for many years to come. Enjoy! ~ Lia