If you’ve been around for a while, you know how much we love a DIY basket! We have made a few woven baskets using paper as well as ribbon. But this is the first time we’ve created a woven felt basket — one with handles and one without.
Since the cutting needs to be precise, you will need to cut this project by hand with your craft scissors. When you’re ready to get started, just download the template and tutorial below.
Be-weave in your DIY skills
Meagan crafted this woven felt basket specifically for the felt foods we’ve created. This way, your little one can easily carry around their felt fruits, breads, and more. Another option is to use these small baskets to organize toys. Or you could even use them as home decor if you’d like!
Though we like for our baskets to be neutral, you can always make them in whatever felt colors you want. The colors we use are linked below, or you can explore our felt selection for more ideas.
Skill level: Intermediate due to the precise cutting and placement that’s required to make sure your basket is straight.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Rotary Cutter
- StarCraft Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress, or Iron
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Gold Ruler
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Terracotta and Dewy (5 sheets of one color)
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing — Extra Firm
- Lia Griffith Fusible Web
How to Make a Woven Felt Basket
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Take a 12″x18″ sheet of felt and iron the same size piece of extra firm fusible interfacing to one side.
- Cut a 12″x18″ piece of fusible webbing, then iron together a second piece of 12×18 felt and the felt sheet with interfacing from step 2.
- Using a ruler, mark every 1.5 inches along the 12″ side of the felt sheet.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love working with felt? Check out all of our felt crafts for more DIY ideas!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.