I like to think of July as summer’s “sweet spot.” The long, sticky days seem to stretch out endlessly — giving us more than enough time to create a little summer magic. It’s the perfect season for backyard barbeques and celebrating with friends. With the approach of Independence Day, I’ve rounded up our top 10 DIY Decorations for the 4th of July. With stars galore and stripes forever, these ten crafts are sure to get you into that sweet summer spirit. Looking for more ways to celebrate? Take a look at all of our July 4th projects.
In this DIY 4th of July Decoration roundup, you will find the following 10 projects:
1. This first project is sure to be a hit at your next 4th of July backyard get-together! These Tissue Paper Star Pinatas will make a dazzling addition to your party decor in colors of frosted gold and shimmering red, white, and blue.
Run Like the Wind
2. We just had to include these festive Crepe Paper Windsocks for your July 4th soiree. A perfect craft for little hands and big imaginations, these easy breezy DIY rockets will no doubt win a few smiles.
Starlights for Starry Nights
3. Give your Independence Day party a touch of whimsy with this Paper Star Light Garland. Crafted with simple cardstock and a hole punch, this elegant project will help you light up the night.
You Hold the String to My Stars
4. Our Quick-Sew Paper Star Garland is easy, fun, and perfect for the occasion. These cute 3D stars in bright red, bold blue, and glittering metallics add a simple patriotic pop to your festivities.
5. Our catalog is filled with all the star-spangled decor for your summer party, like these mesmerizing Paper Stars for the Fourth of July. Follow the pattern to make pretty spirals or bold relief stars, then string them up as garland or place them in your window like summer snowflakes.
Celebrate with Style
6. What’s a party without a little signage? This cool blue and white watercolor designed Printable 4th of July Banner will remind your guests exactly why they’re there. Did we forget to mention it’s free?
Shine Bright, My Little Lights
7. Want to give your string lights a refresh this 4th of July? Try your hand at these Starry Lights for Starry Nights string light covers. Made from glittery text weight paper or cardstock, a star punch, and a little bit of patience — this simple DIY is starlit perfection.
Let Your Flag Fly High
8. What would a 4th of July celebration be without a nod to our grand ol’ flag? Our Printable Vintage Flags come in two sizes for you to print on cardstock. Add a little wooden dowel and place them in your flower arrangements, centerpieces, or front door wreaths for this year’s celebrations.
Star Light, Star Bright
9. These quick and easy Tissue Covered Foam Stars feature tissue paper from our Americana collection. A kaleidoscope of red, white, blue, and gold—this big, bold design will add a fun punch to your party tablescape.
Shoot for the Stars
10. Last but not least are these charming Hanging Clay Stars. Though not designed specifically for the 4th, this stunning showpiece would make a fabulous addition to your summer holiday decor. Using simple materials like a cookie cutter, air-dry clay, and twine, this earthy design proves you don’t have to be flashy to make a statement.
For craft tools and materials, check out our shop, Felt Paper Scissors!
Become a Member to get more projects
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.