This year marks 10 years as a business! And we are celebrating with a week of live workshops here on our site from April 17th to April 21st. This includes our Member Make flower, which is a crepe paper abalone pearl peony that Meagan designed.
As always, our Member Make workshop is on a Friday, so you can join this live workshop on April 21st at 11:00am PST. Or you can catch the replay below. Just check out our supplies list below to get ready!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
While thinking of which projects to make for our “Spring Blooms” craft summit, it was clear we needed to add a peony. The peony is probably my favorite flower, and we have made many different versions over the last 10 years! So this month we are introducing a new variety — a crepe paper abalone pearl peony.
This particular flower is known for its golden center and pink bowl-shaped blooms with petals that curve inward. As with all of our peonies, this crepe paper abalone pearly peony is a stunning flower that stands out on its own in a vase or when added to a larger arrangement as the focal point. You will learn how to make these beautiful big blooms during the workshop as well as the smaller buds and greenery.
Crafting tips: We love adding a bit of color to the leaves. Any shade of red, brown, or dark magenta PanPastel will work, so use what you have.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Steel Ball Shaping Tool
- Blending Brushes
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Cricut Brayer (optional)
— OR —
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & White and Ferns & Moss
- Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Fern and Chiffon
- Heavy Crepe Paper – Nectarine
- 30mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- 12mm Cotton Spun Egg or 12mm Paper Spun Balls
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
Additional materials needed:
- Karin Brushmarker Pro — Pale Pink
- PanPastel Artist Pastel – Bright Yellow Green 680.5, Pearlescent Red 953.5, and Permanent Red Shade 340.3
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member