Ready for Member Make? This is Meagan’s last live workshop before she goes on maternity leave, and we can’t wait for her to show us how to make these crepe paper agapanthus flowers.
To get prepared for our live workshop on August 20th, check out our tools and materials list below.
Fall in love with flower-making
This flower name combines two Greek words — agape and anthos — meaning love and flower. Perfect for all of us flower lovers! While agapanthus typically blooms in purple or blue shades, they can also come in white. We chose our double-sided white crepe paper to match our color palette for the month, but you can always make your crepe paper agapanthus in any color you like.
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced due to the small petals and intricate gluing involved.
Crafting tips: We highly recommend cutting petals and stamen on your Maker or Cameo 4 due to the small size and shape of this flower.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on August 20th at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make this crepe paper agapanthus. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use a different color of crepe paper for your flowers and leaves or try different techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper agapanthus! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Vanilla
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & White and Ferns & Moss
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- 12 mm Cotton Spun Egg
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Saffron (068)