Bird is the Word
As part of our Pacific Islands bouquet for Cricut, this crepe paper Bird of Paradise is yet another bold and beautiful ingredient. So far we’ve brought you our crepe paper ginger flowers, crepe paper helicona and crepe paper pincushions, and in addition to these Birds of Paradise, we’ll be showing you how to simply craft tropical greenery in the coming days. By the end of the week, you’ll have a full Pacific Islands bouquet to make your summertime last forever! Take a trip to paradise with these Birds of Paradise today.
Tools & Materials
- Craft Scissors
- Tacky Glue
- Paint Brush
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper – Nectarine, Juniper or Emerald
- Floristic Crepe Paper – Midnight Blue
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 20-Gauge White Floral Wire
- Floral Tape
- Acrylic Paint – White, Red Deep (we used Blick brand)
- 1/2” Plastic tubing
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Cut eight 6” pieces of wire, then fold each petal in half and glue a wire down the middle, then unfold the petals once the glue has dried.
- Brush white paint onto one side of each petal.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more crepe paper flower fun, click here! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and become a Lia Griffith member today! Don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your projects — your creativity is our biggest inspiration. Lots of love ~ Lia & Team