Let you creativity blossom with this DIY crepe paper blooming branch! Featuring gorgeous double-sided and extra fine crepe paper, and our all-new brown floral tape from our shop. Pair with a pretty vase to adorn any corner of your home in need a breath of handcrafted magic. Simply gather the supplies and craft along with our simple step-by-step photo tutorial for creativity made easy.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffth Double-Sided Crepe Paper in Green Tea & Cypress
- Lia Griffth Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Green Tea, Brown, Chiffon, and White
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Brown Floral Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out your crepe paper according to the pattern.
- Glue the center fringe around the end of a floral wire. Gather and glue the base of the petals.
- Then, glue petals around the center of the flower.
- Next glue sepals around the base of the flower.
- With wire in between, glue the two sides of the petals together.
- To make a flower bud, gather and glue square crepe into a ball. Glue sepals around the base, then glue to the leaf.
- Cover your wire with brown floral tape.
- Bundle your flower and leaves using floral tape.
- Add extra leaves to the back of the flowers to fill out the branch.
- Cut strips of brown crepe paper (the grain should be horizontal).
- Finally, glue and wrap crepe paper around the bundles to create a branch.
Strut Your Stuff!
Show us what you’re crafting! Use #MadeWithLia and share photos of all of your latest work — you never fail to inspire us!