This month’s Member Make workshop is a brand-new ranunculus! This is the first time we have made a crepe paper butterfly ranunculus, and we can’t wait to show you how to craft it on the 20th.
To prepare for our live workshop, gather the tools and materials below. As always, you can find the pattern at the very end of the post.
Spread your wings
Ready to try something new with us? Compared to the typical ranunculus blooms we have made before which are more compact, our crepe paper butterfly ranunculus is more open and has fewer petals per flower. Because it is open, like the wings of a butterfly, you’re able to see its colorful center.
Along with learning how to make this ranunculus, you’ll also learn how Meagan used a brush marker and watercolors to add some gorgeous detail to these blooms. This is an area where you can get creative and really make your flowers stand out. You can also choose to make your crepe paper butterfly ranunculus in the same colors as us, or play around with the crepe colors to create different combinations.
Skill level: Intermediate
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Member Make Bundle (save 20% while supplies last!)
— OR —
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Blush, Aubergine, Chiffon, and Juniper
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape — Green
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green