Ready for our live workshop? For this month’s Member Make, Meagan is showing us how to make a crepe paper chrysanthemum. This flower has more petals than a ranunculus (130 total to be exact), so it will require some patience to shape and place all of them. But we think it’s worth it for this bright and fluffy flower!
As always, we’ll walk you through all of the steps and share our tips for making this crepe paper chrysanthemum. Just gather your supplies from the list below and join us live here on the 17th.
A mum-believable bloom
Mums are one of our favorite flowers to make over and over again. We have crafted different varieties out of frosted paper, crepe paper, and felt. But it’s been a few years since we made a crepe paper chrysanthemum. And since we’re always refining our techniques, this version will be our most realistic one yet! It’s also more of an intermediate flower than the previous mums we have crafted.
Since this is a bigger bloom, we recommend using heavy crepe paper. We have linked the colors we used below, but you can always use what you prefer. We can’t wait to see the crepe paper chrysanthemum flowers you make, so be sure to post photos on our Facebook page for members or on Instagram with the hashtag #MemberMake.
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tip: Use the steel ball shaping tool to gently shape each petal.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Steel Ball Shaping Tool — 4mm and 6mm
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Juniper; Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Ferns & Moss; and Heavy Crepe Paper – Coral
- Floral Tape — Green
- 20mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
Additional Materials Used
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Amber and Tangerine (optional); these colors can also be found in our Tropical Garden Collection
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.