If you love to decorate for St. Patrick’s Day but want something you can keep in your home long after the holiday, try making these crepe paper clovers! This project is super simple, so it is perfect for beginners. And it’s such a sweet little way to bring some greenery in your home for spring.
Another fun way to use these crepe paper clovers is to create a head wreath for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
As Luck Would Have It…
Are you looking for that perfect piece of desk decor that you can use to bring some life to your workspace? What if you could make a lucky piece of desk decor?! With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, we are all thanking our lucky stars (or clovers) for this fabulously easy DIY. Pick out a cute little planter (we found ours at West Elm) and make a charming display of paper clovers that you can use to welcome spring. The best part is that because these are made of paper, they will stay lively all year round!
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Cypress
- 26-Gauge Floral Wire
- Floral Tape
- White Colored Pencil
- Foam & Moss
- Small Planter or Terra Cotta Pot
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the PDF template or SVG file below.
- Cut crepe pieces according to the pattern, using scissors or a Cricut Maker.
- Glue a short piece of floral wire between two clover leaves with a slight overlap.
- Draw details on the leaves with a white pencil.
- Bend the three clover leaves outward at the base and wrap three finished leaves together by the wire stems. You can also make a lucky four-leaf clover!
- Wrap the base of the clover with floral tape.
- Cut a piece of foam to fit inside your planter of choice.
- Cover the foam with dried moss and stick the finished clovers into the planter.
Because the paper clovers are so delicate with the extra-fine crepe paper, we wanted to use a small planter that could balance out the appearance. If you are sticking these clovers into a terra cotta planter, feel free to add painted designs or pretty ribbon to give the project some extra flair!
Run With It!
If you want to surround yourself with more green goodness, you can find all of our St. Patrick’s Day projects here. Create an entire paper greenhouse to pair with these potted paper clovers by discovering the DIYs in our Potted Plant Series, or head over to our membership page to start crafting with us. We love getting you in on the creative process, so add your project requests to the comments below or share your project photos on Instagram with #DIYDreamingWithLia. Happy Crafting! ~ Lia & Team