Just as we were starting to see some signs of spring in Portland, it snowed! But the great thing about crafting is that we can make our own flowers anytime. Last week, we made some pretty paper sweet peas. And then a couple of weeks ago, we made these felt crocus flowers. Today we’re showing you how to make crepe paper double daffodils, which—like the crocus—typically bloom by late winter or early spring.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Double daffodils also go by the name Narcissus Erlicheer. If you haven’t seen this flower before, it features double blooms with ivory-white petals and creamy yellow centers. They look a bit like gardenias, which is another very soft, romantic flower. I would also say these flowers, or at least the stems and leaves, are similar to paperwhites.
To craft these crepe paper double daffodils, I used my extra-fine crepe paper for the petals and my double-sided crepe for the leaves. I also used PanPastel to color the petals. If you need some tips on how to color your flowers with PanPastel, watch this video.
If you’re new to making paper flowers, you might not be ready for PanPastel yet. But it will help make your flowers look more realistic. So I encourage you to try it out at some point! And if you have any questions for me, just comment below.
I would also love to see YOUR version of my crepe paper double daffodils! Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your LG projects. Or you can post pictures on our Facebook page for members. Happy flower crafting! ~Lia and team
How to Make Crepe Paper Double Daffodils
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut pieces according to the pattern, using your Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Fold double petals in half and snip a tiny slit in the center. With a soft paintbrush, color petals with PanPastel at the center and the base of the petals.
- Using a curling tool, shape both tops of the double petals and tops of larger petals twice at two angles.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Explore More DIY Flowers
Want more ideas? You can browse all of our paper flower projects here. For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. And browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials on how to make flowers, home décor, jewelry, and more.
To download our DIY patterns, photo tutorials, and written instructions, join our crafting community.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Green Tea & Cypress + Fern & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – White and Gold
- PanPastel – Bright Yellow Green Extra Dark and Orange
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Floral Tape — Cream & Gold
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member