I love picking a different flower each year to focus on for the holidays. This year it’s the magnolia — a fresh change from the traditional poinsettia that is often used for Christmas. This crepe paper holiday magnolia is going to be one of the decorations on our 2020 Christmas tree, which we will do a tree reveal post on Friday after Thanksgiving.
To help you make this flower, we have created a video tutorial for you that breaks down each step and shares tons of crafting tips.
Even though magnolias are not a traditional Christmas flower, I think that large, white magnolias are a perfect pick. Especially when you add the gold crepe flower centers, gold leaves, berries, and a touch of gold to the tips of each petal. You can use this crepe paper holiday magnolia to create a holiday wreath or garland, to decorate your Christmas tree, or as gift toppers.
We would love to see what you do with this crepe paper holiday magnolia! Be sure to share your project with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram, posting to our Facebook page for members, or by emailing photos to email@example.com.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (if using SVG file)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun or Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pinking Shears (optional)
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Green Tea & Cypress + Ferns & Moss and White & Vanilla + Vanilla & Chiffon
- Lia Griffith Metallic Extra-Fine Crepe Paper— Gold
- Bind Wire – Brown
- Metallic Gold Marker or Paint
- 10mm Cotton Spun Paper Ball
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.