Your August Collection is here! And we are starting it off with everything you need to get ready for this month’s live Member Make workshop. As always, Meagan has designed some gorgeous flowers for us. And I can’t wait to learn how to make these crepe paper hydrangeas along with the rest of you!
Ready to get started? We will be going live on August 14th to craft these crepe paper hydrangeas. Members can join us live at 11:00 a.m. PST or watch the video later. In the meantime, you can get prepared with our tools & materials list, flower pattern, and photo tutorial!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Hydrangeas are such sweet little blooms. Other than this free starter flower pattern we created for beginners, we have not made any crepe paper hydrangeas like this before! In the past, I have made my hydrangeas using frosted paper. So I’m excited to try something new and see how gorgeous they look when made out of extra-fine crepe paper.
One tip we have for these crepe paper hydrangeas is to use a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut your flower pieces. Before I got my Cricut, I used to hand-cut my hydrangeas, so it is definitely possible to cut this paper flower by hand! But it will be a lot easier and faster with a machine.
Another tip is to use the Designer Master Color Tool Spray on your crepe paper hydrangea flowers. While we love PanPastel pigments and use them on a lot of our paper flowers, it would take a lot of time to color each flower individually with PanPastel. The tool spray is much faster and will make your blooms look even more beautiful!
If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate. Otherwise, scroll on down for the tools and materials list plus the flower pattern.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for these crepe paper hydrangeas— listed below. Then download the printable flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on August 14th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this project with us! We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of these crepe paper hydrangeas. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; play around with your arrangement; or style your flowers in different ways.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper hydrangeas! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
To download this flower pattern and get instant access to all of our craft projects and Member Make workshops, become a member!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper Secret Garden Collection — Linen, Fern, and Cypress
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Floral Tape — Fern
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Ivory, Blush, and Raspberry
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member