The Iris of the Beholder
The iris is shrouded in meaning – royalty, faith, wisdom, hope… It is a truly special flower. We think our crepe paper iris flowers do a beautiful job of reflecting this. The intricate pattern and delicate nature of the extra fine crepe paper give this project a graceful and elegant feel. We made our flowers in white, but a classic iris in purple is another stunning option. You can find an SVG file in this Heavy Crepe Paper Iris post!
Click here for our beginner’s guide on how to make crepe paper flowers.
Tools & Materials
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper (White)
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper (Cypress)
- Extra Fine Metallic Crepe Paper (Gold)
- White Fabric Covered Wire (24 gauge)
- Green Floral Wire (18 gauge)
- Floral Tape
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Craft Scissors
- Paint brush and palette
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut all of the crepe paper pieces according to the pattern’s instructions.
- Trim three white wires and one green wire in half.
- Run a small line of glue along the flat edge of the petal. Place white wire on the glue and cover with a second petal piece.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Shop our crepe paper and floral tape at our online shop. We used extra fine crepe in white and gold, and double sided crepe in green, but feel free to play around with colors of your choosing! For floral wire, we used white fabric covered wire in a 24-gauge and green floral wire in an 18-gauge.
More to Explore
Are you loving these paper irises? Check out more DIY crepe paper flower ideas here and let your creativity blossom.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Sign up for a membership and start crafting with us today! Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects – your creativity inspires us! Keep up the crafting ~ Lia & Team