How radiant are these crepe paper Japanese anemones? Over the years we have crafted many black and white anemones. So today we are switching it up with a new variation featuring a bright yellow-orange center.
This crepe paper flower is easy for beginners and simple to cut by hand. Just download our flower pattern below and follow our step-by-step tutorial to craft your own version.
Gone with the Wind(flower)
Did you know the name anemone means windflower in Greek? This flower got its name because of the wind blowing its delicate petals open. To recreate these delicate petals, our designer Meagan used our extra-fine crepe paper in white. This will make your crepe paper Japanese anemones look more realistic — along with stretching, cupping, and curling your petals.
Once you have crafted a few of these crepe paper Japenese anemones, you can place them together in a vase for a simply stunning bouquet. You can also make someone’s day by giving them this sweet crepe paper bouquet! For more ideas on how to use these blooms, check out our braided rope anemone wreath and our gold hoop anemone wreath.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Double Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — White, Chiffon, Mango, and Green Tea
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Wooden Bead — 10mm
How to Make Crepe Paper Japanese Anemones
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower template below.
- Cut crepe paper according to the template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Glue wooden bead to tip of thick stem wire using your hot glue gun.
- Stretch center piece of crepe over wooden bead and glue into place using tacky glue.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Want more ideas for DIY flowers? Explore all of our paper flowers on the site. We also have a bunch of paper flower video tutorials. For more paper flower and felt flower inspiration, join us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
To start crafting with us, become a member and get instant access to SVG cut files, printable patterns, and simple tutorials for all of our DIY projects.