Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We’re loving the gorgeous purple hue of this crepe paper lisianthus. Normally these flowers can be quite finicky and tricky to grow so we found a way for you to create your own instead. Trust us, it’s easier than you think. We’ve outlined all the tools, materials, and steps you need below so you can perfect these purple beauties.
A Vision in Violet
Crepe paper is a perfect choice for making lisianthus flowers since they have such delicate, ruffled petals. Along with showing you how to make a crepe paper lisianthus flower, you will also learn how to make the buds. This will make your DIY bouquet look more realistic. And you can always decide to use the buds for something else too — like a boutonnière, wrist corsage, or flower hair comb.
New to making crepe paper flowers? Watch our video on the 10 things to know about crepe paper.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Secret Garden (Cypress, Fern, Chiffon, and Lilac)
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Enchanted Garden (Juniper)
- 3/4″ Foam Balls
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Green
- Floral Wire – 18 gauge and 24 gauge
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to the pattern, using scissors or a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4.
- Bend the 24 gauge wire to create two loops, then twist two ends of wire at the base of the loops. Glue the stigma to the top, then glue and wrap style below the covered loops.
- Twist each fringe piece, then glue and wrap around center piece.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member