How many different ways can we make a flower? We are thinking a little outside the box today with this embroidered felt petal basket that Emily designed. Featuring a stem stitch with three strands and the option to either do a satin stitch or use iron-on vinyl, this is a great beginner embroidery project.
Just use our template and tutorial to guide you. And feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Craft one for your buds
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended if you choose the iron-on vinyl option)
- Clover Embroidery Needles
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt – Night and Magic Blue
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Tangerine 740 (optional), Medium Tangerine 741, Green Gray 3053, and Very Light Yellow Green 772
- Iron-On Vinyl — Orange (optional)
- Printable Water Soluble Stabilizer
How to Make an Embroidered Felt Petal Basket
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Print the embroidery pattern onto Water Soluble Stabilizer and place over petals.
- Stem stitch the outside arch with color 741. Stem stitch the teardrops with colors 3053 and 772.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.