We are all about the felt crafts this week! Our felt avocado is a beginner-friendly project and makes such a cute felt toy for kids. Whip up a felt burger to go with it — or add some felt garden veggies for your little chef-in-the-making.
Ready to get started? Just download our template below to cut our avocado pattern by hand. Or you can use our SVG file with your Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4. Then follow our photo tutorial to learn how to stitch everything together.
No matter how you slice it, this avocado is adorable! To make this felt avocado, you will need to know how to do a blanket stitch and a whipstitch. If you’re at a beginner level, this is a great project to practice those stitches and get even better at them. And if you have any questions, just comment below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Moss, Fern, Vanilla, and Hazelnut
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Dark Hunter Green (3345), Light Brown (434), and Ecru
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing
How to Make a Felt Avocado
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the avocado pattern below.
- Cut out felt pieces according to the pattern using scissors or a Cricut Maker.
- Whipstitch the inner avocado pieces together along the outer edge only, using one strand of the ecru embroidery floss.
- Cut out and iron on the fusible interfacing to the underside.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
To download our DIY designs and craft projects, become a member. As a member, you’ll get instant access to hundreds of SVG cut files, PDF templates, and step-by-step tutorials!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.