With classic blue being the Pantone Color of the Year, we thought it was fitting to kick off 2020 with some felt blue thistle blooms. Our designer Krista has also been wanting to make more blue and purple flowers, so it worked out perfectly.
Because of the details in this bloom, we recommend using a Cricut Maker to craft your felt blue thistle flowers. If you don’t have the Maker, you can cut our PDF template with detail scissors.
Thistle be a great project
Thistle arrangements make such unique home decor, especially when you craft your own version! To craft these felt blue thistle blooms, Krista used our own wool blend felt in ocean blue. If you prefer crepe paper flowers instead, you can check out our crepe paper thistle that we made a couple of years ago.
While you can certainly cut this flower pattern by hand, using a Cricut Maker will make this project easier. Just download our photo tutorial and let us know if you have any questions! For more projects like this one, be sure to check out our selection of felt flowers.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors (if cutting by hand)
- Pinking Shears
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Ocean Blue and Moss
- Blue Colored Pencil — Prismacolor
- Green Paper-Covered Wire – 18-Gauge
- Green Floral Tape – Lia Griffith Moss
- Clear Fixative Spray
How to Make Felt Blue Thistle Flowers
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker or scissors.
- If cutting by hand, you can use pinking shears on the top edge of the two pieces for the thistle fringe.
- Cut small slits between each peak. Shape the fringe further, if desired, by rounding the corners with a small pair of scissors.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
To download this flower pattern and get instant access to all of our craft projects, become a member!