We are rounding out our set of handmade felt succulents with this adorable felt bunny ear cactus designed by Krista. You can find the echeveria succulent, the felt stuffed cactus, and a felt aloe vera plant to complete your collection. These succulents make a great gift for almost anyone and are a great way to add color to your workspace at home or in the office.
As with the rest of our felt succulents, this felt bunny ear cactus comes in a felt pot with mini tassels. We also added a little felt flower since this cactus blooms once every spring.
Let’s all stick together!
This felt bunny ear cactus is a great craft for those who feel they are an advanced beginner or have intermediate embroidery skills. For this type of project, we recommend that you use a wool or wool blend felt rather than synthetic material. We find the needle slides freely while using the wool blend and the material is compact enough to hold all of the tiny stitches. If you wanted to learn how to master the french knot, this is the project for you. You can also review and grow your skills by referring to this post where we share 10 basic embroidery stitches with full photo tutorials.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Small Fork (for making tassels)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Pine, Papaya, Sunshine, Terracotta, and Bark Brown
- Embroidery Floss — Dark Emerald Green (3818), Medium Mahogany (301), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938),Topaz (725), Light Coral (352), Light Apricot (3824), and Ecru
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make a Felt Bunny Ear Cactus
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the cactus pattern below.
- Cut out felt pieces according to the pattern using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use a disappearing ink fabric pen to mark one of the cactus pieces with dots (see PDF template).
- Start to sew on french knots using three threads, needle wrapped twice, in ecru embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Love this project? Explore all of our felt crafts. Or browse through our paper plants for more fun plant decor. We can’t wait to see your version of this felt bunny ear cactus, so make sure to share pictures with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag #MadeWithLia.
For more DIY ideas, join us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. We also have video tutorials to help you make paper flowers and plants, decorate with DIY décor, and more. To start crafting with us, sign up for a Lia Griffith membership.