Our camping theme bedroom has been bringing such joy not just to little Lukas and Oscar, but to our readers who seem to have been inspired by all the little handmade touches that went into making this room so special. Today we are sharing one of our favorite projects from the room — our felt campfire. Every camper needs a campfire to toast marshmallows on and no camping adventure is complete without it. So of course we had to make a felt bonfire for our little camper.
Join Us ‘Round the Campfire
This is a bigger DIY project that takes a little time but our pattern and tutorial make it really quite simple and as it’s all stitched by hand you don’t even need a sewing machine to achieve this wonderful piece. I always say to start with great supplies. So shop around for good quality wool felts to make your felt campfire. It’ll make all the difference to the finished project and it’s always nice to work with good quality materials. Along with the felt, you’ll only need a pair of sharp fabric scissors, a needle, embroidery threads and the templates below, making this a great craft for the kiddos to help out with.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Wool Blend Felt — Latte, Toast, Marigold, Tangerine, Yellow
- Embroidery Floss — Medium Mocha Brown, Light Tan, Tangerine, Medium Tangerine, Lemon
How to Make a Felt Campfire
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the DIY pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut your felt pieces according to the pattern, using your scissors or a Cricut Maker.
- With contrasting embroidery thread, stitch wood grain onto log pieces.
- Use a blanket stitch to sew the log into a tube shape.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!